The Good Life Center will open for the season on Thursday, June 23.
- Thursdays – Mondays: 1pm to 5pm (June 23rd thru Labor Day)
- Saturdays & Sundays: 1pm to 5pm (Labor Day thru Columbus Day), or by appointment.
- Call Warren at 374-5386 for more information.
2016 Monday Night Speaker Series: All talks start at 7pm!
- June 27: Jim Merkel, “Radical Simplicity’
- July 11: Deb Soule, ‘Herbal Tonic for Enhancing Immunity’
- July 18: Sally Clinton, ‘Eating with the Seasons: An Ayurvedic Perspective on the Good Life’
- July 25: Greg Joly, ‘The Evolution of Scott Nearing’s Ideas on Socialism & Democracy’
- August 1: Jon…
Continue Reading »
The mission of the Good Life Center is to perpetuate the legacy of Helen and Scott Nearing. The Good Life Center, through its programming and preservation of the historic Forest Farm homestead, advocates for simple and sustainable living skills, social and economic justice, organic gardening and the non-exploitation of animals.
Visit – Directions
The Good Life Center welcomes new residents, Greg Benson and Holi Cederholm, to Forest Farm this spring. Read more about Greg and Holi: Current Residents
Enjoy this recent article about the Nearings in the Portland Press Herald: Maine back-to-the-land leader Helen Nearing’s cookbook makes meatless eating simple
Check out a series of articles on The Good Life in the Bangor Daily News
The Good Life: The movement that changed Maine The Good Life Tweet A BDN Maine Project
It started Tuesday, April 22 thru Saturday April 26th, 2014.