- Thursdays – Mondays: 1pm to 5pm (June 23rd thru Labor Day)
- Saturdays & Sundays: 1pm to 5pm (Labor Day thru Columbus Day), or by appointment. Call Warren at 374-5386 for more information.
2016 Monday Night Speaker Series: All talks start at 7pm! Click here for more info!
Click here to view videos from previous speakers
- August 15: Bruce Friedrich, ‘The Future of Protein’
- August 22: Dr. Habib Dagher, ‘The Deepwater Offshore Wind Opportunity: What’s in it for Maine and the World.
- August 29: Greg Krech,”The Art of Taking Action: Lessons from Japanese Psychology”.
The mission of the Good Life Center is to perpetuate the legacy of Helen and Scott Nearing. The Good Life Center, through its programming and preservation of the historic Forest Farm homestead, advocates for simple and sustainable living skills, social and economic justice, organic gardening and the non-exploitation of animals.
Visit – Directions
Gregg Krech: “That Art of Taking Action: Lessons from Japanese Psychology” Monday, August 29 at 7:00 PM.
Gregg Krech, is one of the leading experts on Japanese Psychology in the U.S. and the author of several books including, A Natural Approach to Mental Wellness:Japanese Psychology and the Skills We Need for Psychological and Spiritual Health. He is the Director of the ToDo Institute in Vermont and Editor of Thirty Thousand Days: A Journal for Living on Purpose. His work has been featured in The Sun magazine, Utne Reader, Tricycle, Counseling Today and on public radio.
He will discuss the Art of Taking…
Continue Reading »
Enjoy this recent article about the Nearings in the Portland Press Herald: Maine back-to-the-land leader Helen Nearing’s cookbook makes meatless eating simple
Check out a series of articles on The Good Life in the Bangor Daily News
The Good Life: The movement that changed Maine The Good Life Tweet A BDN Maine Project
It started Tuesday, April 22 thru Saturday April 26th, 2014.